New Funding Opportunity for Pain Research through OnPAR
We would like to inform you about a new initiative called OnPAR (Online Partnership to Accelerate Research). This was launched by Leidos Life Sciences in March, 2016. It is a partnership with NIH that offers a new paradigm to provide funding for highly scored but unfunded NIH applications by matching them with interested non-government organizations (NGOs). Several different scientific areas have previously been funded using this approach, and OnPar has now expanded to include pain research projects.
If you have submitted an application to NIH for pain-related research that was not funded, this may be of interest to you. If you would like to have your application considered by OnPAR , please visit: https://onpar.leidosweb.com for more information.
Additional information from OnPAR:
The application process will take 5 minutes – here:
- Basic Registration – here (administrators can also submit for investigators)
- Submission of Public Abstract (in English): This is the public abstract that is submitted with your application
- Submission of Applications, Peer-Review, and NDA: if there is a match (funders review for interest), then, we request the full application (in original language), the peer-review (in original language) received from the agency (or other agencies) and a signed Non Disclosure Agreement (we provide). We don’t require investigators to re-write the unfunded application.
Once potential funders review, they will contact the investigator directly to discuss a partnership and funding.
It is free for all investigators to submit their material.
Please register here to receive updates about OnPAR.
Note that OnPAR has also identified other therapeutics areas of interest:
- Cardiology, Hematology, Oncology, Women’s Healthcare, Gynecological Therapy, Men’s Health, Ophthalmology, Radiology
- Diabetes and Complications
- Infectious Diseases
- Heart & Kidney
- Cancer: Breast, Lung, Prostate, Brain, Colon, Bone, and others
- Neurosciences (AD, PD, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Multiple Sclerosis, Migraine, Huntingtons)
- Rheumatoid arthritis, Psoriasis, Systemic lupus erythematosus, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis, Ankylosing spondylitis, Psoriatic arthritis, Lupus nephritis, Atopic dermatitis
- Respiratory (COPD, Asthma)
- Osteoarthritis, Gastroenterology, Endocrine, Heart failure, Neurology
- Rare Diseases –many: Cystinosis, NF, Epidermosis Bullosa, Huntington, PSP, Alopecia Areata
- Animal Health
Also of interest are Discovery & Development Platforms:
- Cell & Gene Therapy, epigenetics, precision medicine, cell & protein science, chemistry and DMPK, and others